Gig@TheGatehouse. November 2022.
Coming up very soon. Anne will be sharing a stage with the excellent band Tuesday International who offer a fine selection of trad tunes and songs from across the globe. Featuring fiddles, whistle, accordion, bodhran, guitar and voice, the band blend a range of sounds to bring you an eclectic and memorable experience. So that covers the word International…Why Tuesday you ask?…well you need to come to the gig to find out. Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gigthegatehouse-tickets-446692036907
Tannahill Arts and Heritage Festival
As things returned to something near pre-pandemic living, Anne was participated in a new arts festival in Paisley. See: https://www.tannahillarts.com
Are you sitting comfortably? Then let me begin..
During the lock-down of 2019 Anne was asked to give a session for her colleagues at Mary Russell School, Paisley, as part of their online in-service programme. In her session Anne demonstrated the benefits of being read to by reading from her own book Cadences. Please click on the link below to hear Anne read:
It’s not all spoken word either:
Together with some chums, Anne took part in a shared (virtual) stage to show their appreciation for all frontline workers as well as to just sing a wee cheery song:
For a special birthday, Anne was given the gift of a tune composed by Patrick Quinn and played for you here by Patrick (guitar and whistle) and Maureen Quinn (fiddle). Enjoy!
- Hear Anne in a live interview with the Scottish Writers’ Centre. Interview produced by Jess Docherty, SWC Digital Media Officer.
- Roots Festival – Feb 2020 – Gig At The Gatehouse, an evening of literature and music with Anne M Scriven and We Three Quinns.
- Highland Bookshop – Author Event – June 2019 – Interviewed Mike Cawthorne, focusing on his new title Into the Darkness (Birlinn, May 2019).
- Highland Bookshop – Author Event – April 2019 – ‘An evening with Anne M Scriven’, live reading / discussion about Anne’s writing.
- The 3 Lochs Arts & Book Festival, Strontian – September 2018 – ‘Making the Everyday Extraordinary’ – a workshop on Life Writing by Anne M Scriven. See Anne’s posting on facebook where she meets festival director, Adam Nicolson.
- West Kilbride Micro Talks – November 2017 – Anne talking about her writing in 36 slides.
- Biggar Little Books & Arts Festival – October 2017- Author event with Anne M Scriven about her book, Provence: Tales from a Bookshop (Kennedy & Boyd 2014).
- Mallaig Book Festival – October 2016 – Live interview Michael F Russell about his new title, Lie of the Land (Birlinn, June 2016). See posting on Anne’s facebook page.
- Wigtown Book Festival – October 2015 – Author event with Anne M Scriven about her book, Provence: Tales from a Bookshop (Kennedy & Boyd 2014).