Anne is the author of three titles of narrative non-fiction. Please click on the relevant title for more information. Books are £10 (+pp) each or 3 for £25 (+pp).
Cadences: Notes from an Ordinary Life (Kennedy & Boyd, Oct 2017).
View a photo of the launch from Anne’s facebook page
Provenance: Tales from a Bookshop (Kennedy & Boyd, Nov 2014).
This book was recommended by the Highland Bookshop and featured on Anne’s facebook page
Learning To Listen: Life and a very Nervous Dog (Kennedy & Boyd, May 2013).
Whilst teaching within the Department of English Studies, University of Strathclyde, Anne produced an annotated edition of the 2010 annual volume for the Association of Scottish Literary Studies:
Kirsteen: The story of a Scotch Family Seventy Years Ago by Margaret Oliphant (1890 rpt., 2010)
In collaboration with the publisher Kennedy & Boyd, and whilst an Honorary Fellow of the School of Scottish Cultural Studies, University of Strathclyde, Anne was the series editor of three collections of Scottish literary publications that were previously out of print.
- Nineteenth-Century Scottish Women’s Fiction
- Twentieth-Century Scottish Women’s FictionScottish Life Writing
In particular, Anne edited and provided introductions for the following titles:
- Catherine Ponton Slater, (1925 rpt., 2008) Marget Pow.
- Margaret Oliphant, (1882 rpt., 2008) The Ladies Lindores (Vols I,II,III)
- John Galt, (1822 rpt., 2007) The Entail.
- Margaret Oliphant, (1853 rpt., 2007) Katie Stewart.
- Catherine Carswell, (1922 rpt., 2007) The Camomile